Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
This one is a lot of orange. And pink. I like the way his face turned out, the rest is really sloppy compared to what I usually like to do, but I still like him, he seems like a solid dude. He'd probably loan you $5.00.
And now there's this. I don't know what to say. I drew this with my left hand. I'm right handed. I was really really stoned. It's a skeleton in a clown outfit swatting at planes and giving them the finger. The official state bird. The things in the bottom left are buildings. There's a radio antennae on top of one too. I think it probably gets amazing reception. Just look at it. How could it not?
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
I'm in a band called Slaughter High with my friend Dan. It's mostly electronics, feedback and vocals. We have a webpage which is http://slaughterhigh.tumblr.com/. We periodically post recordings and shows and that sort of thing on there.
Here is a link to our first tape for those without decks:
Also hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wanna trade/a physical “for real” tape. They are C62, handspraypainted, three different cover designs:
1. Flowers over Dad - Art by Alexis G. and Dan K.
2. Everything - Art by Wyatt F., Alexis G. and Dan K.
3. Masks over Dudes - Art by Dan K.
Even if you don't want one for yourself, they make great gifts for your local alley cat. See how Fathead here loves it?
Monday, November 22, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
This show will be fun. It's the 1st show for my newest band, Slaughter High. If you're in the bay area you should come by and check it out. The house is on Stanford, between Market and San Pablo and starts at 9:00PM. We go on 1st. We should have some tracks up on our webpage soon. I'll post links once that's dealt with.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
This little buddy has been hanging around for a while. I didn't finish him because I lost the green pen that I used to start this drawing. I think it might be in Portland, which isn't a place where I live. I finished it in black. I still kind of like it. The brown "comet" in the top half is Judy's artistic input, via chocolate on her finger. I think it adds a nice touch.
This is the plastic potato that I hide "things" in. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little bit stoned when I drew this. It was an idea for a comic. His major in college was "ass". He graduated top of his class. A 6' tall walking plastic potato in college, a party animal but with a sensitive side. It'll be the best 3D teen drama ever written.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I had to call the DMV today. I was on hold for long enough to finish this up. All these back of the notepad drawings seem so scattered, but I kind of like them. They're in a different category than other things. In my head, everything is categorized but not named. It's just fun making random shapes without thought and turning them into people and then finding patterns I like to make within those shapes.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
I drew this little buddy for Keeley's birthday. It's Keeley. On a horses body. We had a discussion recently regarding her attending some of the furry conventions and how those are generally home to some socially awkward teen boys. I commented that those boys that took photos of her probably photoshopped her head onto a horse's body because that would make her more desirable to furry folk. I'm of course making broad generalizations here. The furry community are all probably fine, upstanding creative wonderful people. It's all just an excuse to draw a half horse/half Dirty South Korea. I'd also like to add that Keeley doesn't look at all this old and wrinkled, I just draw everything/everyone that way.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
It's just a smiling head. Gel pens. I wish I could find some gel pens with a fine point. This bleeding nonsense has to stop. Maybe I can resurrect Rasputin to help with the bleeding.
The real version of this drawing looks much cooler because the gold is reflective looking, but on the scanner you get one angle and that's it. I could try to make it a 3D model. I saw Resident Evil in 3D last weekend. That movie is about axes, flips and spins. The plot to this movie was cast as an extra at best. I think I saw it during one of the wire fight scenes.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Flier for the upcoming Arab On Radar show on 09/01/2010 at 21 Grand. Hopefully the lettering isn't too hard to read.
I found out that this show will not be happening because Arab On Radar canceled their west coast tour. I hope I didn't curse their tour by making this flier. This could be my fault.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
This one has color on it. I've been a little less precise and purely black and white lately. A little more "sloppy", but I'm not sure if that's the right word. That's probably it though. Yeah, I'm right.
This one just sucks. Straight up. I was just testing out pens mostly, it looks like something that would go on a hacky-sack or something. I was at the scanner and I scanned it though, I guess I just wanted to feel productive. Don't be surprised if you come back and this thing's been deleted.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
This show is also a benefit for 3 hikers currently being held in Iranian prison illegally. More info on that at http://freethehikers.org/
Here's this thing I drew in the car while I was driving to the river in Portland. Real precise stuff. A little bit of color as well. I'm learning to deal with it.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
1. This guy was a weird thing. I hated him at first but he really grew on me. On the back of this is Keeley's address in Olympia. But she moved so it's no longer relevant. I named him Cardhoarse.
2. This is a flier that I made for the White Mice show @ 21 Grand (duh). I like how this turned out. I always struggle with lettering though and making things symmetrical is always something that escapes me. I ended up giving this to White Mice when they were done playing. They seemed to like it which made me happy. They're really nice dudes and their band rules. They also asked me to draw in their "Tour Bible". Their tour bible is just a regular bible that they've taken with them on tour for years and asked random interesting people and friends to draw in. At this point it's almost completely filled with some really amazing artwork that ranges from random scribbles and pot leaves to really awesome drawings of Jesus as a raver (Jesus Raves). There's also a lot of dicks in it. I thought about adding one to mine, but sometimes dicks get left out and that's just life. An important life lesson.
3. Another cardboard one. This one is maybe a little older than the rest but it's one of my favorites. I actually did this mostly at work, but I remembered to bring some art pens with me one day so it turned out good. Most of the other ones I did at work are with crappy gel pens and I can't get anywhere near the detail that I generally want. I ended up sending this one to my little brother with a CD or something for his birthday. He asked me for a drawing. He's becoming a pretty awesome artist himself too.
4. A series of older cardboard drawings. Done mostly at work with gel pens so they're a little smeary and not as finely detailed as my other stuff. I also get lost when I start and stop a drawing so many times.I lose a bunch of good ideas because the person I'm waiting to talk to actually picks up the phone. I seriously love being put on hold for this reason. I suggest it as much as possible to be honest. Yeah, it's fine if you put me on hold to check on that, please take your time, as much as you need.
Sorry about my writing. I don't know what I'm doing, I just ramble.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
1. Batman and his best friend Ray Romano
2. The Last Time I Spoke to your Mother
3. Most Recent Flier I made. (Right half of it = I don't know what happened.)